The Voice Ticket Sweepstakes
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below, The Voice Ticket Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to legal residents of Pennsylvania, Ohio, West Virginia, and Maryland who live within the WPXI-TV viewing area and are 18 years or older at the time of entry. Employees of The Waterfront/DRB Group LLC (“The Waterfront” or “Sponsor”) and WPXI, Inc. d/b/a WPXI-TV (“WPXI-TV” or “Administrator”), and each of their respective affiliated companies, subsidiaries, and advertising and promotional agencies, and the family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees, are not eligible to enter or to win. The term “family members” includes spouses, parents, grandparents, siblings, children, grandchildren and in-laws, regardless of where they live.
3. How To Enter. The Sweepstakes will begin at 10:00 am (E.T.) on April 18, 2013 and end at 11:59 pm (E.T.) on May 9, 2013 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). WPXI-TV will be the official timekeeper for the Sweepstakes.
Participants can also enter by hand printing name, address, telephone number, email address, on a postcard or 3”x 5” card or piece of paper and mail it to WPXI-TV 4145 Evergreen Road, Pittsburgh, PA 15214. All entries must be postmarked by May 8, 2013 and received no later than May 9, 2013. No facsimiles or mechanical reproductions permitted. Only one (1) entry per outer stamped envelope.
Maximum one (1) entry per person during the Sweepstakes Period regardless of entry method. All duplicate entries will be disqualified.
All entries become property of Sponsor and WPXI-TV and none will be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor and/or WPXI-TV reserve the right to disqualify any entries by persons who submit false or misleading entry information or who Sponsor and/or WPXI-TV determine to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Sweepstakes.
Incomplete, forged, altered, automated, mechanically-reproduced, lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, garbled or illegible entries will be disqualified. Sponsor and WPXI-TV will not be responsible for failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender, WPXI-TV, or Sponsor’s or WPXI-TV’s Sweepstakes application service provider(s). In the event of a dispute, all online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the ISP account from which they were sent, provided that such person satisfies all other Sweepstakes eligibility requirements. For these purposes, an ISP account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such ISP account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning ISP addresses for the domain associated with such ISP account.
4. Selection and Odds.
A. Finalist Selection. On or about May 10, 2013 WPXI-TV will select twenty (20) potential Finalists in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Odds of becoming a Finalist depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
Potential Finalists will be notified on or about Friday, May 10, 2013 at the telephone number or email address provided on that potential Finalist’s entry form. In order to remain eligible to claim the prize, potential Finalist must respond to Sponsor’s notification within forty-eight (48) hours of notice or attempted notice. Potential Finalist may be required to complete a declaration of eligibility, and a liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law) on the day of the event (Scavenger Hunt) at The Waterfront on May 18, 2013 (the “Event”). WPXI-TV’s inability to reach a potential Finalist after a reasonable (as solely determined by WPXI-TV) effort has been made, the failure of a potential Finalist to timely respond to WPXI-TV’s notification, the return of any notification as undeliverable, the inability of a potential Finalist to attend the Event, and/or a potential Finalist’s failure to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules may, in WPXI-TV’s sole discretion, result in the potential Finalist’s disqualification and the selection of a substitute potential Finalist from among all eligible entries submitted during the Sweepstakes Period.
EACH POTENTIAL FINALIST MUST CONSENT TO THE RECORDING OF HIS/HER PARTICIPATION IN THE EVENT AND MUST SIGN ANY RELEASE FORMS THAT SPONSOR OR WPXI-TV MAY REQUIRE. THE FOOTAGE MAY BE AIRED BY WPXI-TV, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, IN A FUTURE NEWS/FEATURE SEGMENT. (WPXI-TV SHALL HAVE THE RIGHT, BUT NOT THE OBLIGATION, TO BROADCAST THIS FOOTAGE.) IF THE POTENTIAL FINALIST IS UNABLE OR UNWILLING TO PARTICIPATE IN THE RECORDING, OR REFUSES TO SIGN ANY RELEASE FORMS THAT SPONSOR OR WPXI-TV MAY REQUIRE, HE OR SHE MAY BE DISQUALIFIED, IN SPONSOR’S OR WPXI-TV’S SOLE DISCRETION, AND A SUBSTITUTE FINALIST MAY BE SELECTED AS DESCRIBED IN THE PREVIOUS PARAGRAPH.
Limit: One (1) Finalist per household.
B. Scavenger Hunt and Grand Prize Winner Selection. Each Finalist must personally appear at the Event by the announced cut-off time to be eligible (as determined by WPXI-TV in its sole discretion). At the Event, each Finalist must present valid government issued photo identification with proof of the Finalist’s age, must present proof of eligibility, and must sign any statement that WPXI-TV may require.
After registering with a representative of WPXI-TV at the Event prior to the cut-off time, Finalists will be given a lanyard to wear to identify who is participating and must compete in the scavenger hunt for a chance to win the Grand Prize. Finalists will be instructed to arrive at The Waterfront by a certain time in order to be registered. Before the kick-off, the details of the scavenger hunt
will be reviewed with the Finalists, and the Finalists will be told how much time they have to complete the scavenger hunt. During this description, the Finalists will receive a list of participating stores and a corresponding CODE for each retailer. At the start of the scavenger hunt, Finalists will go to each of the participating retail locations and look for “The Voice Ticket Sweepstakes” representative. The participant will tell the representative the code (i.e. BLAKE) and they will be handed an “item” (ex. tshirt, mug, iphone cover, etc). Whoever collects all of “items” in the shortest amount of time will be named the winner.
At the conclusion of the scavenger hunt, the potential Grand Prize winner will be the Finalist who completed the scavenger hunt and collected all items in the least amount of time, as determined by WPXI-TV in its sole discretion. If no Finalist completes the scavenger hunt, then the potential Grand Prize winner will be the Finalist who successfully found the most items and/or solved the most clues during the allotted time,, as determined by WPXI-TV in its sole discretion. In the event of a tie, WPXI-TV will hold a random drawing to determine the winner. The odds of a Finalist winning the Grand Prize will be no worse than 1 in 20.
All Finalists are responsible for transportation to and from the Event. All expenses and incidental costs, including, but not limited to, transportation to and from the Event, are the sole responsibility of the Finalists. A Finalist’s failure to attend the Event and/or register with a WPXI-TV representative prior to the announced cut-off time, to present required identification or proof of eligibility, or to sign any paperwork required by WPXI-TV may result in immediate disqualification. Finalists must appear in person - no proxies are permitted. Finalists’ attire at the Event is subject to WPXI-TV’s approval. WPXI-TV has the right to review all attire before the scavenger hunt begins. WPXI-TV reserves the right to determine in their sole discretion which Finalists have satisfied the entry requirements. ELIGIBLE FINALISTS MUST PARTICIPATE IN THE SCAVENGER HUNT AND THE EVENT IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES. SPONSOR AND WPXI-TV RESERVE THE RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY AND REMOVE ANY FINALIST FROM THE EVENT WHOSE ACTIONS ARE, IN SPONSOR’S OR WPXI-TV’S SOLE DISCRETION, POTENTIALLY DANGEROUS, MAY INJURE THE FINALIST OR ANY PERSON IN ATTENDANCE, OR MAY CAUSE PROPERTY DAMAGE. Sponsor and WPXI-TV will not be liable if the Event, or any portion of it, is cancelled or delayed. Sponsor and WPXI-TV may, in its/their sole discretion, attempt to reschedule for a future event.
5. Winner Notification and Acceptance. At the conclusion of the Event, WPXI-TV will notify the potential Grand Prize winner. In order to claim any prize, a potential winner must be present at the conclusion of the Event.
Potential Grand Prize winner may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility, and a liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law), which must be notarized and returned within ten (10) business days after the conclusion of the Event to WPXI-TV at 4145 Evergreen Road, Pittsburgh, PA 15214.
Persons traveling as a guest of the Grand Prize winner must also sign any affidavit or release that WPXI-TV may require.
WPXI-TV’s inability to reach a potential Grand Prize winner after a reasonable (as solely determined by WPXI-TV) effort has been made, the failure of a potential Grand Prize winner to timely respond to a prize notification, and/or a potential Grand Prize winner’s failure to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules may, in Sponsor’s and/or WPXI-TV’s sole discretion, result in the potential Grand Prize winner’s disqualification and the selection of a substitute Grand Prize winner based upon the Finalist who completed the scavenger hunt with the next fastest time (or, if no other Finalist completed the scavenger hunt, the substitute winner will be the Finalist who successfully found the next highest number of items/solved the next highest number of clues). WPXI-TV will conduct up to one (1) alternate selection, after which the Grand Prize will remain unawarded.
A PARTICIPANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL SPONSOR AND/OR WPXI-TV HAS COMPLETED THEIR VERIFICATION OF PARTICIPANT’S ELIGIBILITY.
A winner may waive the right to receive a prize. Prizes are non-assignable and nontransferable and cannot be redeemed for cash. No substitutions allowed by winner. Prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability. Sponsor and WPXI-TV reserve the right to substitute prizes or components of prize packages with a prize or component of equal or greater value. Winners are solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on a prize. Winners will be required to provide his/her valid Social Security Number to Sponsor and/or WPXI-TV for tax purposes and/or complete an IRS W-9 form in order to claim a prize. Winners are solely responsible for all federal, state and local taxes on prize value and, as applicable, will be issued an IRS Form 1099 based on the prize value determined by Sponsor and/or WPXI-TV. Prizes not won and claimed by eligible winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsor and/or WPXI-TV.
6. Prize Description.
One (1) Grand Prize: Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, One (1) Grand Prize Winner will receive (i) roundtrip airfare for Grand Prize Winner and a guest to Culver City, California, (ii) hotel and ground transportation accommodations for 3 days and 2 nights, and (iii) two (2) tickets to attend a taping or live show of “The Voice” (TBA). (ARV: $3,000)
Prize includes round trip economy class air fare for Grand Prize winner and one (1) guest from the major continental U.S. airport nearest winner’s home (as determined by Sponsor and/or WPXI-TV in its sole discretion) and three (3) days/two (2) nights hotel accommodations (one (1) standard room only) at a hotel chosen by Sponsor and/or WPXI-TV in its sole discretion. Sponsor and/or WPXI-TV will determine airline, flight itinerary, and seating in its sole discretion. If Grand Prize winner cannot travel during the specified travel dates, then he or she forfeits the entire Grand Prize.
All expenses and incidental travel costs not expressly stated in the prize package description above, including costs of meals, parking, ground transportation, gratuities, transportation to and from airport, incidentals, passenger tariffs or duties, surcharges, airport fees, service charges or facility charges, personal charges at lodging, security fees, taxes, and all other expenses not specified above, are the sole responsibility of Grand Prize winner. Prize may be subject to blackout periods, and other restrictions may apply. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in this Sweepstakes and those set forth by Sponsor’s or WPXI-TV’s airline carrier of choice, as set forth in the passenger ticket contract. Grand Prize winner and guest are responsible for obtaining any insurance (including but not limited to, any travel or health insurance).
The ARV of the trip package may vary depending on location of major airport nearest to Grand Prize winner’s home, travel itinerary, and costs of air transportation at time of award. Grand Prize winner will not receive the difference (if any) between actual and estimated retail value. If, in the sole judgment of Sponsor and/or WPXI-TV, air travel is not required due to the Grand Prize winner’s proximity to the prize location, ground transportation will be substituted for round trip air travel at Sponsor’s or WPXI-TV’s sole discretion.
Grand Prize winner and travel companion are responsible for obtaining identification documents necessary for travel. Grand Prize winner may be required to present a credit card at time of hotel check-in. Grand Prize winner and travel companion must travel on identical itinerary. Unless a child of the Grand Prize winner, the Grand Prize winner’s guest must be at least eighteen (18) years of age as of the date of departure. If Grand Prize winner does not designate a guest in accordance with these Official Rules, no consideration will be provided to the Grand Prize winner for the value of the guest’s portion of the prize package. Grand Prize winner must provide Sponsor with the name, address, and date of birth of his/her guest within 30 days of winning the prize. If Grand Prize Winner changes his/her guest after 30 days of winning the prize, Grand Prize winner will be required to pay any flight transfer fees imposed by the airline carrier. No credit or cash will be given for any unused portion of the Grand Prize.
No refund or compensation will be paid in the event of the cancellation or delay of the flight or “The Voice” show (collectively, the “Trip/Show”), or any portion thereof. Sponsor and WPXI-TV will not be liable if the Trip/Show, or any portion of it, is cancelled or delayed. Sponsor and/or WPXI-TV may, in its sole discretion, attempt to reschedule for a future trip/event. Trip/Show tickets are subject to certain terms and conditions as specified by issuer. The terms and conditions of the Trip/Show tickets may govern if the Trip/Show is cancelled due to weather, an act of God, an act of terrorism, civil disturbance or any other reason. Sponsor and WPXI-TV are not responsible for, and will not replace, lost, mutilated, or stolen Trip/Show tickets, vouchers, or certificates. Exact details, including seat locations, shall be determined in the sole discretion of Sponsor or WPXI-TV.
Twenty (20) First Prize Packages: At the conclusion of the Event, each Finalist will be named a First Prize winner and may keep the merchandise item clues that he/she successfully found during the scavenger hunt at the Event. The maximum ARV of one merchandise clue is $30.00.
7. Publicity. Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes and/or the Event constitutes the participant’s irrevocable consent to the publication or other use by Sponsor, WPXI-TV, and their licensees of his or her name, biographical information and likeness in any media, including the Internet, for any commercial, publicity or promotional purpose, without limitation, review or approval, or additional compensation.
8. Participation. By participating, participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, WPXI-TV, and any Sweepstakes judges selected by Sponsor and/or WPXI-TV, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor and WPXI-TV reserve the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes as solely determined by Sponsor and/or WPXI-TV. In the event the Sweepstakes is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor and/or WPXI-TV which corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor and/or WPXI-TV reserve the right, in its/their sole discretion, to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor and WPXI-TV reserve the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date. Proof of sending or submission of an entry will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor and/or WPXI-TV.
9. Release. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, EACH PARTICIPANT AGREES TO FULLY RELEASE, FOREVER DISCHARGE AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, WPXI-TV, COX MEDIA GROUP, LLC, COX ENTERPRISES, INC., AND THEIR RESPECTIVE SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS, DISTRIBUTORS, ADVERTISING/PROMOTION AGENCIES, AND PRIZE SUPPLIERS AND EACH SUCH COMPANY’S OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, AND SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) FROM AND AGAINST ANY CLAIMS, COSTS, LIABILITIES, LOSSES, INJURIES, AND DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY CLAIMS FOR PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, OR DAMAGE TO OR LOSS OF PROPERTY, LOSS OF ENJOYMENT, OR ANY OTHER HARM WHATSOEVER ARISING OUT OF: (1) PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES; (2) THE QUALITY, RECEIPT, POSSESSION, USE, OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE; OR (3) ANY TRAVEL OR ACTIVITY THAT IS RELATED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES OR ANY PRIZE.
10. Limitations of Liability. By PARTICIPATING IN the Sweepstakes, PARTICIPANTs acknowledge and agree that EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING THE WEB SITE AND THE prize(S), ARE provided “as is” and that Sponsor AND WPXI-TV make no representations or warranties OF ANY KIND, express or implied, about the Prize(S) and sponsor AND WPXI-TV hereby DISCLAIM all such warranties, including, but not limited to, any implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. (BECAUSE SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN IMPLIED WARRANTIES, THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH STATES, THE LIABILITY OF THE RELEASED PARTIES IS LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY SUCH STATE LAW.)
The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by PARTICIPANTs, printing OR PRODUCTION errors, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or EMPLOYED in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, or the notification of any winner; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from A PARTICIPANT’S participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
Only the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules is available to be won in the Sweepstakes. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming, or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate eligible prize claims.
11. Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these Official Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
12. Sponsor. The Voice Ticket Sweepstakes is sponsored by The Waterfront and administered by WPXI-TV. The decisions of Sponsor and WPXI-TV regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Sweepstakes shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor and WPXI-TV will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials or announcements relating to the Sweepstakes. For a list of winners (available after August 31, 2013) or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to “Winners List/Official Rules” (as applicable), The Voice Ticket Sweepstakes, 4145 Evergreen Road, Pittsburgh, PA 15214. If you have any questions regarding this Sweepstakes, please contact WPXI-TV @ 412-237-1100.